Thursday, June 25, 2015

PATIALA PEG







                                         PATIALA  PEG




In lighter vein...

A large group of Americans came in to a pub in Patiala one evening.
 
One of them said, in a loud voice, "I hear you Sikhs think you're great drinkers. I bet $5,000 that no-one here can drink 3 bottles of Jack Daniels in 10 minutes"
The bar was silent, the American noticed one big Sikhpanthi leaving, no-one took up the bet.

20 minutes later the Sikhpanthi left returned and said "Hey Yank, is yer bet still on?"

"Sure" said the American, "3 JD in 10 minutes for a bet of $5,000 ."

"Grand, " replied the Sikh, "so pour the whisky and start the clock."

It was very close but the last drop was consumed by Sikhpanthi, with 2 seconds to spare.

"OK Yank, pay up." said the Sikhpanthi.

"I'm happy to pay, here's your money" said the American. "But tell me, when I first offered the wager I saw you leave. Where did you go?'

"Well sir", replied the Sikhpanthi in all humility, "$5,000 is a lot of money to a man like me, so I went to the pub across the road to see if I could do it"



 

No comments:

Post a Comment