Friday, August 21, 2015

OROP : THREE MONKEYS SAN THE FOURTH







FOURTH  BABU THE  ""X "" FACTOR


SOURCE:
http://ex-airman.blogspot.in/

CURTSEY: THE VOICE OF PENSIONERS

 









VETERANS   ON  FAST UNTO DEATH
                               AT
                  JANTAR MANTAR




We are generations old to understand OROP


 

 
 
We are generations old to understand OROP







 
 
 
  Two Veterans  begin Fast unto death at Jantar Mantar w.e.f.17/08/2015 along with Relay Hunger Strike. Two of them one being Ex-commissioned officer & another Sub Major have Volunteered to undertake fast unto death in demand of OROP for Veterans.
 
 






 
 

A third veterans Mr.Ashok Kumar Singh (AFVAI) has joined fast unto death at Jantar Mantar on 18/08/2015.The Total number of veterans on fast unto death has now gone up to three
AFVAI Convenor (UP)Mr.Ashok Kumar Singh sitting on Indefinite hunger strike at JM





 
 
Dear Veterans,
Today on the 67th day I reached at JANTAR MANTAR at 0845 hrs.11vets from Haryana sit on RHS. Today audience strength was approx 200 only.  Three vets Col Pushpinder,HAV major Singh and HAV ASHOK KUMAR Singh Chauhan are on HUNGER STRIKE  unto death since five days .As per doctors advise their health condition is ok . Nothing new except above mentioned situation.With best regards 
GS S Sidhu
Gen Secy AFVAI
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
http://www.hindustantimes.com/Images/popup/2015/8/15_08_pg03-pic.jpg
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
when the Nation was dressing itself for the celebration of its 69th Independence day On 15 august 2015 ,The most shameful incident happened at Jantar Mantar on the dawn of 14th august wherein unarmed & peacefully agitating Octogenarian veterans for OROP were manhandled by Delhi police-A price for dedicating his youthful days to the Nation


 
 
 
 
LETTER FROM GEN VED MALIK
 

Friends,
 1. Despite interviews on many TV channels, I find there are many ex servicemen (ESM) who are questioning how and why I got involved on the issue of OROP. 

2. In this context, I am pasting below text of my email to Sureesh Mehta when he proposed and sent me the draft of the letter that was sent from Goa to the President: 

"Dear Sureesh,
On 10th, August morning, I got a call from Principal Secretary (PS) to the PM stating that the PM desired me to discuss Govt position on OROP with agitation leaders and try to resolve this issue so that he can announce it on 15th August. I was reluctant initially but after speaking to Maj Gen Satbir Singh on phone (later, I also spoke to Lt Gens Bahri, Raj Kadyan and Balbir Singh), I agreed to visit Delhi. I also requested Rajeev Chandrashekhar, MP and Lawyer Navdeep Singh to join and help me on this mission.
On  11th Aug, I met the Principal Secretary. He and the Joint Secretary (JS) dealing with this subject in PMO briefed me on the Govt stand. In the evening, all three of us together were briefed by the JS. Looking at the Govt position (I am not going into details), we felt that we CAN NOT represent the Govt or the agitators but will remain go-between only and try if we can bridge the gap. 
We identified the critical areas and next day had separate meetings with Satbir Singh (IESM) and Balbir Singh (IESL) with a few of their colleagues. I also spoke to Raj Kadyan but as he was leaving for London he could not come. Thereafter I briefed the PS next day. 
After speaking to the FM and PM, he gave us the 'final stand of the Govt'.

Rajeev and I conveyed this to the leaders of IESM and IESL on 12th evening, which as expected, was rejected by the latter parties.

After informing the outcome to the PS, who did not indicate any desire to change the Govt position (PM and other ministers were far too busy due to Parliament session), I decided to exit and informed both sides. 

I am now back in Panchkula. The only advantage gained in this unsuccessful mission has been that both sides are now fully aware of each others' position (at PM level) as at 
9 PM, 12th August.
While I endorsed the draft letter sent by you, I was not in a position to respond or put my signature on it due to this activity. My apologies!
I have requested everyone that while moving forward in their respective ways, they should not mention my name and this episode to the media."

Gen VP Malik

 
 
LETTR TO Gen Malik by Our Chairman
 
 
Dear Sir,
Having gone through your emails, we are satisfied with your stand and we (the JCO/ORs) do not hold you responsible for breakdown of talks. Of course it is a good decision to withdraw rather to cheat own people whom you once commanded. Having said so, I will still request you to throw your weight for this cause and for the sake of  our "Boot Community". You also might be aware of conditions of our Jawans and especially widows, how they are thrown out at peak of their responsibility. There is nothing that you have not achieved yet and if you can put your influence to get over of this logjam, it will be noble effort, we all will remember you. 
Regards
SK Singh
Ex-Petty Officer (Indian Navy)
(ChairmanAFVAI )





Reply From Gen Malik 
Thank you Santosh! I appreciate your thoughts and encouragement. 
As it stands now, I am not involved in OROP consultations from either side. My sympathy and interest remains with the ESM community!

Regards and best wishes,
Ved Malik

 
 
 

 
 
http://www.hindustantimes.com/Images/popup/2015/8/15_08_pg03-pic.jpg
 
 
when the Nation was dressing itself for the celebration of its 69th Independence day On 15 august 2015 ,The most shameful incident happened at Jantar Mantar on the dawn of 14th august wherein unarmed & peacefully agitating Octogenarian veterans for OROP were manhandled by Delhi police-A price for dedicating his youthful days to the Nation

















 

No comments:

Post a Comment